Dear Mr. Smith,
If you are seeking a motivated and detail-oriented Purchasing Professional with a proven ability to streamline operations, motivate teams and achieve significant cost savings in a multimillion-dollar environment, then my enclosed resume should be of interest to you.
Common themes that have run throughout my professional career have been outstanding team-building and leadership strengths as well as my ability to see the “big picture”—integrating the purchasing function into corporate goals. Representative of my past accomplishments are the following:
- Directed $200 million purchasing unit for West Coast Entertainment Company
- Hired, trained and motivated top-performing team members
- Consistently identified and developed talent in others
- Employed technology to streamline procedures, including automating the download of purchasing orders to the Letter of Credit system, improving on-time issuance from 20% to 75% within two years
- Consolidated supplier base from 1,200 to 650 within one year
- Sourced and developed excellent working relationships with outside and internal vendors
- Participated in key negotiations
I am currently seeking a new professional challenge where I can make a positive contribution to future goals and success. I possess a high level of energy and motivation, learn quickly, adapt well to new environments and enjoy challenges. I look forward to a personal meeting, at which time we can discuss your needs and my qualifications in detail. I will call you to set up a meeting. Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.